This series of rusty shot-up conetop beer cans is entirely hand-formed, individually shot and completely decorated with fired-on ceramic materials. Alan Watts, the zen philosopher, once said in a talk, chuckling all the while, “It all comes down to a rusty beer can.” Well, in this case, it is literally true. There are so many ways one can enjoy these sculptural pieces! Get one, get three, get five and put them out on your backyard fence like I do. We will choose, but at purchase you can request a range of rust tones from reds to steel blues and more or less holes.
- Materials: clay, underglazes, glazes, stains, oxides
- Colors: The Rainbow of Rust
- Completely fired to mid-range stoneware temperatures
- Capacity: Everything and Nothing
- Hand-wash, please (but then maybe more dirt and grease would be a Good Thing)